We offer opportunities for effective advocacy for children and youth at local and national level, as well as for your own professional development and national networking.
The PSNZ recognises that excellence in child wellness and health requires multidisciplinary input. No one group can do it alone!
Membership is open to those persons with a current health professional registration with a commitment to child health. Membership is also open to those persons currently training in any area of child health.
All disciplines can gain strength by working together to reduce the barriers between disciplines and geographical regions.
As a member, you would have full voting rights to elect the president and executive committee members and participate in supporting the overall functions of the organisation at Annual General Meetings.
Membership of PSNZ supplements membership of your own professional body and provides a multi-disciplinary environment to advance scientific and ethical practice in our sector.
- An opportunity to act on local or professional concerns about babies/pēpi, children/tamariki, young people/rangatahi and their families/whānau into an effective, united action for change
- A mechanism to contribute to national strategies and policies for the healthcare of babies/pēpi, children/tamariki, young people/rangatahi and their families/whānau
- A forum for multidisciplinary discussion and education via the website, face to face meetings and links through Tele Paediatrics
- Being part of a Special Interest Group that provides opportunities to share experiences and contribute to ongoing subscpecialty education forums
- Being part of a formal, national, clinical network programme that support a range of New Zealand wide clinical networks
- Opportunities to represent the PSNZ on national and or international bodies
In the case of the PSNZ it’s multidisciplinary (MD) focus is a significant strength.
Members have input into the organisation’s constitution and strategy
PSNZ ASM is the main event of the year. Now with satellite days from various SIG’s CN’s. Partnering with RACP, Cure Kids and Better Start allows NZ focus to education via webinars, forums etc.
An example for PSNZ
- the annual conference for which registration usually is offered to members at a discount rate and this may sometimes cover the cost of (baseline) membership.
Security of website is important for PSNZ networking. Efforts to improve this are ongoing.
The provision of specialist information and discussion forums reserved for members only.
The unique benefits of the PSNZ’s MD members, and the sharing of commons interest(s), is valuable to the health care of children/ tamariki, youth / rangatahi and their families / whanāu in Aotearoa – New Zealand.
Important relationship with MOH Child Advisory team enables influence both ways for the membership.
To join the Paediatric Society you will need to be nominated by a Society Member, and be seconded by another member who is known to you. Your application should be accompanied by a brief Curriculum Vitae.
All applications will be approved by the Paediatric Society Council and will be ratified at the AGM by a majority of the quorum present.
The Paediatric Society as an organisation thrives because of its diverse and multi-professional membership.
We want everyone who participates in The Paediatric Society to have access to the full benefits of membership, but recognise the diversity of individual circumstances that exist in relation to paying the subscription fee. Many members are also contributing to other organisations
As such we would like all potential members to know that, if the income related subscription fee is a barrier to membership, they are very welcome to contact Talie Schmidt-Geen, Admin Manager ([email protected]) who will be able to sort out an individualised fee.
No refunds are given for membership.
Trainees or new graduates are entitled to free membership during the current financial year. If you apply after 1 January your membership will be free until 1 April the following year. After the free period a paid membership will apply.
|Pre-tax (gross) Income Per Annum||Fee (NZD incl GST)|
|Trainee||First year free (see notes)|
|Less than $50,000||$51.75|
Payments for membership and renewals can be made by direct credit or credit card. Credit card payments are processed at a third party (Payment Express), no credit card details are processed or stored on this website.