We offer opportunities for effective advocacy for children and youth at local and national level, as well as for your own professional development and national networking.
The PSNZ recognises that excellence in child wellness and health requires multidisciplinary input. No one group can do it alone!
Membership is open to those persons with a current health professional registration with a commitment to child health. Membership is also open to those persons currently training in any area of child health.
All disciplines can gain strength by working together to reduce the barriers between disciplines and geographical regions.
As a member, you would have full voting rights to elect the president and executive committee members and participate in supporting the overall functions of the organisation at Annual General Meetings.
Membership of PSNZ supplements membership of your own professional body and provides a multi-disciplinary environment to advance scientific and ethical practice in our sector.
What does the Paediatric Society of NZ offer?
- An opportunity to act on local or professional concerns about babies/pēpi, children/tamariki, young people/rangatahi and their families/whānau into an effective, united action for change
- A mechanism to contribute to national strategies and policies for the healthcare of babies/pēpi, children/tamariki, young people/rangatahi and their families/whānau
- A forum for multidisciplinary discussion and education via the website, face to face meetings and links through Tele Paediatrics
- Being part of a Special Interest Group that provides opportunities to share experiences and contribute to ongoing subscpecialty education forums
- Being part of a formal, national, clinical network programme that support a range of New Zealand wide clinical networks
- Opportunities to represent the PSNZ on national and or international bodies
How to join
To join the Paediatric Society you will need to be nominated by a Society Member, and be seconded by another member who is known to you. Your application should be accompanied by a brief Curriculum Vitae.
All applications will be approved by the Paediatric Society Council and will be ratified at the AGM by a majority of the quorum present.
No refunds are given for membership.
The annual membership subscription is income related as follows:
|Pre-tax (gross) Income Per Annum||Fee (NZD incl GST)|
|Less than $50,000||$51.75|
Payments for membership and renewals can be made by direct credit or credit card. Credit card payments are processed at a third party (Payment Express), no credit card details are processed or stored on this website.