About the role
We are looking for a Consultant Paediatric Surgeon to join our team of four to provide paediatric surgery to the lower half of the North Island of New Zealand.
The service covers specialities in paediatric surgery including urology, neonatal surgery, chest wall thoracic surgery. The oncology service for our centre is provided by Christchurch. The roster is 1:4. Outreach clinics are provided to the region.
- Treat patients at local and regional clinics
- Operate at Wellington Regional Hospital and Kenepuru Hospital
- Provide clinical care to patients at Wellington (including neonates)
- Work in collaboration with the team and to teach junior staff and medical students from the University of Otago at Wellington
Skills and experience required:
- Vocationally registered in Paediatrics Surgery with the Medical Council of New Zealand (MCNZ)
- FRACS (Paediatrics Surgery) or equivalent and be able to register for vocational registration with the MCNZ
- A subspecialty interest in Paediatric urology including hypospadias surgery
- Relevant training and experience
- Have a current driver's license
About the organisation
Capital and Coast DHB (CCDHB) is located centrally in Wellington and has over 6,000 full-time equivalent staff, making us one of the major employers in the Wellington region. CCDHB operates two hospitals - Wellington Regional Hospital in Newtown and Kenepuru Hospital in Porirua - as well as the Kapiti Health Centre at Paraparaumu.
The Mental Health, Addiction and Intellectual Disability Service (MHAIDS) spans three DHBs - Wairarapa, Hutt Valley and Capital and Coast DHB's and includes local, regional, and national services. The local MHAIDS services are provided from multiple sites within the 3DHB sub-region - greater Wellington, Hutt Valley and Wairarapa.
Here at CCDHB we embrace diversity and welcome applications from people of all gender identities, ages, ethnicities, sexual orientations, disability and religions. A workforce that is diverse and inclusive means that we are better positioned to understand and serve our community. CCDHB is a pro-equity health organisation, with a particular focus on Māori and Pacific peoples.
CCDHB provides a range of specialist services including neurosurgery, oncology, neonatal intensive care and community-based services including district nursing, rehabilitation services, social work, alcohol and drug services, and home support services to a population of around 900,000 people.
How to apply
Applications close 21, March 2021 and can only be accepted when submitted through our CCDHB Careers website.
Location: Kenepuru Hospital/Porirua, Wellington Hospital
lease note we will be considering applications as they are submitted.
For further information on this role, please email [email protected] and please indicate the vacancy number (SMO02-21) and job title in the subject line.
Ma tini, ma mano, ka rapa te whai
By joining together we will succeed